“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes,
but in having new eyes.” ― Marcel Proust
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A UNIQUE AND INNOVATIVE WAY TO BRING PEOPLE TOGETHER?
DO YOU REPRESENT THE COMPANY OR BUSINESS THAT WOULD LIKE TO ENGAGE YOUR AUDIENCE?
LET’S GO ON A SILENT DISCO CITYWALK!
WATCH OUR PROMO VIDEO BELOW TO GET INSPIRED
Papaya Stories team gives locals a new, fresh perspective on the suburb they live. We like to explore new routes and create a unique, engaging and immersive experience no matter what community and suburb you represent. There is a beauty around the corner and all we need at times is a small reminder to look around, take a deep breath and be grateful for what we have. Silent Disco Citywalk is a great physical and engaging activity for Mind. Body. Soul. Movement is a great release of stress. Dance or walk is a good exercise. When you combine those things together and add a bit of papaya vibes, magic things happen and positivity radiates all around people.
Fall in love with your region, suburb all over again with the help of Silent Disco Citywalk. Our engaging and exciting route, we’ll transform familiar public places in to the dance floor as we walk with you and take you to hidden gems in your area. We are the true experts in finding extraordinary in ordinary, so we’ll be happy to organise walks everywhere around Auckland and other cities in Aotearoa.
Our team provides you with Silent Disco headphones, each of the participants will hear the same music playlist and pre-recorded entertainment programme that includes fun games, activities, jokes and riddles. Our entertainers and guides are responsible for health & safety regulations and creating a unique space for self-expression, joy and community fun! The music playlist and entertainment programme can be personalised to the tastes and interests of the audience, region, group of people and etc.
#Silent Disco_Citywalk is a monthly alcohol-free, drug-free outdoor, physical and entertaining activity suitable for all people from 6 – 70 years old. The event concept and route will be different based on the weather conditions and seasons. Our summer-early autumn routes will be mainly around parks, streets, reserves and beaches. Our winter-spring routes will include the engagment with different means of public transport, walking around shopping malls to ensure most of our route will be covered due to cold rainy weather.
We’d like our project to be social responsible and accessible to various social groups:
- On wheels (wheelchair) party
- Blind or low-vision problem
- Kids from Starship
- Senior Programme
- Low decile family and schools
- 10% of profit will be going to a chosen charity of the month.
To be able to do so, we’d need your supporting in funding our social good ideas.
ADDITIONAL WAY TO ENGAGE THE COMMUNITY:
- Youth Development – we provide a platform to inspire young people to get outdoors, express themselves creatively through music, dance, physical activity and fun. We promote the healthy lifestyle and non-achologic way of having fun and enjoying life.
- Community diversity – all people are welcome to come for a walk. No dance experience, no passport is required. Our entertainers and guides will look after the audience at the event and encourage to learn new moves.
- We’ll be happy to attract more local talents from a specific area and suburb, whether it is inviting a DJ to record a music playlist, few professional dancers to join our tribe and help the audience to get loose and move freely.
- Setting up a pop-up Silent Disco Citywalk station in a new suburb each month or each week as an alternative non-alcoholic, drug-free way to unwind and recharge over the weekend. People can hire / or get a pair of headphones from the Silent Disco booth that can be set up near the shopping centre, night club, pub or bars to inspire people to listen to music and do something different.
- Dress up themes / Costume parties as a part of Street Carnival to celebrate Life, Wellbeing and Authenticity!